Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Techie Tuesday - Version 1.1 - Sharing Educreations and iPad Covers

Hello, all!  I imagine with the couple extra days of break you are thinking to yourself, "Self, I sure wish I could do something exciting with this iPad of mine."  Well, you are in luck!  You can!  Here is 1 option:   http://telly.com/1GXZ57L  Okay, so maybe that wasn't what you were thinking.  But that was done using an iPad and easily sharing the video via Facebook, Twitter, and through iMessage.

Have you ever thought how nice it would be to create a quick video of instructions or directions and to share it with your students?  This is one of the GREATEST capabilities of using an iPad.  Before we left school I showed you the Educreations App and how nice and easy it is to create a video.  So how about sharing that video to your students?  Here is a quick video of how to share your video through the app and through the website.



 So here is my first challenge to you!
1.  Think about an activity you do in class that you usually have to repeat instructions 2-5 times each year, or semester.  (This always drives me nuts as well.)
2.  Create a video of you explaining the directions to your students using the Educreations app.
3.  Share the video with a couple of your colleagues via Twitter, Facebook, or a link so others may critique your work.  Can your peers follow your instructions?  Are the directions clear?  What could make your instructions clearer?

Below is my instructional video.  (I did import a picture using the "picture" feature at the top.  If you want to know how to take a screenshot of something on your iPad, push these 2 buttons at the same time.)  Feel free to give me comments back.



COVERS AND KEYBOARDS

Since you have been given a nice shiny $500 "toy", you want to protect it from anything happening to it.  There is a plethora of choices for you to look at.  It all depends on how much you think you will use your iPad and for what uses.  I picked up a cheaper version of a cover at WalMart and it worked just fine for recreational use.  This last time I invested a little more money and picked up the Zagg Portfolio
with a Bluetooth keyboard.  I already know I won't use the keyboard for writing long assignments on Word or Google Docs, but it is really nice to use with email, Twitter, or other short items I need to type.  So here are some options you may look at along with some prices.




Happy shopping!  Let me know if you have any questions.



No comments:

Post a Comment